you haven’t heard of us or are new to the area, welcome!
Back in 1999 a group of
fanatical volleyball players were granted permission by the city of Baltimore to
set up a portable volleyball court on a small sand base used for a winter ice
rink at the Inner Harbor. Thus Baltimore Beach "the beach" was born, and every
year more locals and visitors discovered the beach right in the heart of Downtown
Baltimore. Today the beach has seven (7) volleyball courts
on 100+ tons of sand and hosts 2500 players/week for Drop-In, Tournament and League play.
Even if you don't live within commuting distance or have the time to play in one of our 7day/week leagues you can still participate in one of our Tournaments or Drop-In play times. Every year has been better than the last so we're always eager for warmer weather, and to meet new friends. Hope to see you on the sand soon at Baltimore's Beach!
Baltimore Beach "BBV"
Inner Harbor visitors: 13 million/year
League Play: evenings 5:30-10pm
Drop-In Play & Corporate Events Mon-Fri days/ Sat&Sun day
Tournaments (based on past seasons events):
Baltimore Office Promotion & Arts
End of League Party/Tournament August 26th-27th
Our record of working with the community along with our commitment to provide an entire summer of activities for all has culminated in BBV becoming the only sporting facility at the Inner-Harbor where anyone can play!
If you ever wanted to play sand volleyball like the pros, BBV provides "competition-class" equipment, and is open to all who want to play, learn, or just enjoy being in the sand at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The combination of 2500 players/week that participate in our various leagues along with inquiries to our website (www.BaltimoreBeach.com) and Facebook page increasing every year, is a testament to BBV’s on-going success. Additionally, thanks to the support of our members, Baltimore Beach has benefited our community in numerous ways:
· BBV has been touted by urban planners, politicians and numerous media sources, as the largest inner-city metropolitan league on the east coast.
· BBV coordinated the first ever Volleyball Tournament for the Baltimore Waterfront Festival at the request of the Baltimore Office of Promotion.
· BBV and Sail Baltimore, (the City’s official committee for visiting ships) have teamed up to plan numerous “good will” games for crews from the various Ships that visit our city.
· BBV hosted games at the request of city representatives, as an example of sports activities available in the region, during the International Olympic Committee visit.
· BBV helps numerous local non-profit organizations with benefit events.
· BBV hosts and has become a permanent stop on the Toyota Pro Beach Volleyball tour.
BBV is as much a part of Baltimore as its people. That’s because we are made up of local residents and enthusiasts who want to share our sport and Inner Harbor with the rest of the world. Our mission is to continue providing competition-class equipment and facilities for all who want to participate in volleyball, recreation events, or just put their toes in the sand! Baltimore Beach ………..the only game downtown!
Your comments, ideas, and suggestions are welcome.
<% = Year(Date) %>
Baltimore Beach Volleyball Club. All rights reserved.
Revised: March 20, 2016